Thank you so much for choosing to play at Leek Golf Club. We hope that you have a great time.
Due to the Coronavirus, there are some instructions which we need to make you aware of, as we take steps to protect our members, our staff, and yourselves. Our priority is to look after everyone on the course and ensure that each person knows what is expected of them.
The instructions below have been designed to clearly state all the things which you will need to do to comply with the rules of our Club. They need to be carried out to the letter. There are no ifs, buts or maybes, these are the rules. If we fail to stick to them, we will be putting the continued opening of our Club at risk.
Please take them very seriously and keep safe yourself and your fellow golfers safe too. Do not take any risks.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Leek Golf Club
• If you are in any doubt at all or showing any signs of Coronavirus, please do not come to Leek Golf Club.
• Do not touch anyone else, any equipment on the course, or anything else which does not belong to you.
• If you are in doubt about anything, particularly if first aid is required, please contact the Professional.
• Please do not pick up any rubbish or drop any either. Take all rubbish home.
• Use sanitisers regularly.
• Take a mobile phone with you onto the course. It is for emergencies only.
• Stay focused. Do not forget the rules and relax into the old habits.
• All players must book in. No-one will be allowed to play unless they have a booking.
• It will be possible, depending on your tee time to make use of the bar facilities (seating outside). If you are only coming to play golf, then please do not arrive at The Club no more than 10 minutes before your tee time.
• Toilets will be available in the Locker Room, but players can only use them on a one-in, one-out basis. The toilet on the 10th will be open. Please keep them clean.
• Arrive on the tee no more than 5 minutes before your tee-off time. Remember to be signed in by an official.
• There will be a drinking water tap outside the millennium hut, but all other water fountains have been disconnected. Any drinks brought onto the course must be non-alcoholic.
• Anyone not sticking to the rules will be asked to leave, as failure to abide by the conditions could result in the Club losing its right to remain open.
• The Pro Shop and Locker Rooms will be open from 10 minutes before the first tee time until 5pm. Any bookings after this time will be required to be in accordance with the guidelines and rules.
Mode of Play
• Play is up to a 4ball.
• Do not join up with another group.
• If you do not keep up with the group in front, then either pick up your golf ball and walk to the next hole or move well to the side and call the group through.
• Buggies can be used by one person only unless from the same household. Proof will be required.
• Maintain social distancing from the moment you arrive, to the moment you get back in your car.
• There are no bunker rakes, so please attempt to leave the bunker tidy.
• Leave the pin in the hole.
• Do not touch the flag or the hole.
• Always keep your glove on.
• Do not stop on the course, it is important to keep the flow going.