To all members & visitors
There are one or two things which we need to tell you about or clarify.
The most important one, is the ruling from England Golf and is shown below: -
From now on, face coverings must be worn by members of the public in all indoor areas of the club/ facility as well as in Pro shops. Coverings may be removed in bar and restaurant areas for the purpose of eating and drinking. There are some exemptions to wearing face coverings including children under the age of 11 and those with certain disabilities.
Please comply with this rule.
In addition, from our own Club’s point of view: -
1.The opening hours of the bar are being increased on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday until 8pm. Mondays remain closed, and times for Wednesday, Friday and Saturday will extend to 5pm. However, if the bar is empty and BRS tells us that there are no players on the course, then it will close earlier. On all other days, the Clubhouse will close at 5.30pm. Please ensure that you do not leave property in the building after that time.
2. The facility to order your drinks from the 18th green is proving difficult to implement, so this facility is being withdrawn. Please order your drinks when you get into the bar.
3.The maximum number in a group to play the course is 4. If groups join up to make a 5 ball, this is not acceptable on our course.
4. Please be aware of groups behind you and if you are holding them up, then please call them through. Do not do the old ‘No eye contact. If I do not look at you, then you are not there!’. Stand aside and let them through.
5. It should take around 4 hours maximum for a round of golf.
6. Please do not take your trolleys between the green and the greenside bunkers. Please take them around the entire green
7. Please repair your pitch marks, and if there are others on the green, then please repair them too. We need to protect our course.
8. Some groups are organising themselves when they arrive at the Club. Please sort your groups out before you arrive, otherwise, you infringe the social distancing rules.
9. If you can help by taking a rake around the course with you, and raking a few bunkers, this would really help, and would greatly assist the Greens staff.
10. We have been experiencing some low flying golf balls on the course, which have been dangerously close to other players. IF IN DOUBT, SHOUT!!! Do not hesitate, and give other players the chance to take evasive action.
11. Lesley Powell is making face masks and they are being sold in the Pro’s shop. All proceeds are going to the Lady Captain’s charity, so please support her wonderful work. You may need a mask in order to comply with the rule at the top of the message! Thanks Lesley, great job.
I am sorry that this looks like a lot, but they have been building up over the last couple of weeks. Please remember to bring your mask with you.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.