Trying to forecast what the Prime Minister is going to say on Sunday is a bit like knitting fog. So, we are trying to put together plans for if he says ‘yes’ to golf or ‘no’ to golf or ‘not yet’ to golf.
We wanted to let you know how we are going to proceed and how we are going to keep you notified.
Let us make this quite clear, until we get the permission from our Governing Body to open our course, then we are closed.
We will keep you updated on everything we know, so please keep checking your emails to see if you have had anything new. These may start to come thick and fast. And if you have had a new message, then please ensure that members who do not have this facility know what the news is.
Our plan of action on Sunday is going to be: -
• We are going to have a Zoom meeting after the Prime Minister’s speech. If he says that we are in lockdown for some time to come, then we will email you to say that the Club remains closed.
• If he says that golf can be played, we still must wait for the approval of England Golf, as, if we open without their permission, then our insurance is void.
• If he says ‘yes’ to golf then three options would then be on the table, depending on what England Golf do: -
1) If they decide that clubs can open on Monday, and tell us this on Sunday night, then we will open BRS for bookings on Sunday night, ready for Monday.
2) If they give us permission on Monday, then we will open BRS for bookings as soon as we get the all clear, with a view to opening the course on Tuesday.
3) If they say that courses will not open until a specific date, then we will email you with that information. Depending what that date is, the booking procedure laid out in the Safety Measures sheet will operate.
As soon as we know, we will tell you and post all the information on BRS and the Club Website.
If things start happening after Sunday’s speech, then it is likely that you will be receiving a message from us every day. We will keep you informed, as once we are open, Greg and I will have a meeting at the end of each day, to review what has happened. We will then inform you of any new procedures for the following day.
Please keep looking at the Safety Measures sheet posted yesterday, as most of its contents will not change, and it will be useful as a reminder.
Having read this message through, I can see that there are lots of ’ifs’, but we are keen that you know exactly what is happening, and that you know as much as we do.