CAPTAIN'S CHARITY DAY - SATURDAY 22ND JULY 2017
Our Club Captain, Phill Davies will be holding his 'Charity Open Golf Tournament' on Saturday 22nd July.
It's Phill's intention to raise funds for the Dougie Mac as well as continuing with the Club's tradition of supporting The Peter Alliss Wheelchair Crusade, providing powered wheelchairs for local disabled children. I think you'd agree both worthy causes.
Over the past twenty two years the Leek Captain's Charity Golf Day has raised over £130,000 for the benefit of local charities. This of course would not be possible without the generosity and support of so many members, visitors & local businesses.
If you would like to be part of this year's Charity Golf Day please download a copy of the entry form and send to the Club to confirm your tee-time.
Let's make a difference on the 22nd July whilst enjoying a great game of golf!
DID YOU KNOW that Leek Golf Club belongs to an exclusive ‘club’ – the criterion for membership being that they were all founded in 1892, and they are all private members’ clubs!
Each club has agreed to be part of a friendly association, each offering reciprocal courtesy visits to each other’s club members.
To take advantage of these courtesies, the following procedure MUST BE followed:
• Members must make their own arrangements with the secretary of the club they wish to visit, by letter or phone, giving as much notice as possible.
• Members should take with them a letter of introduction, together with their handicap certificate, which can be obtained from the office.
• Check their dress code with the host club, and respect it.
• These courtesies do not extend to anyone whose club is not a member of the 1892 club.
• Remember that when visiting other clubs, you are an ambassador of your golf club, and when others visit us please extend every courtesy to them as our guests.
• Moderation in numbers should be observed (a car load and not a coach load), as should your number of visits to any particular club.
For simplicity, the participating clubs are listed below. Details such as phone number, email addresses, postcode and general location are listed in full and are on display in the secretary’s area in the clubhouse foyer.
Alfreton, Ballater, Bathgate, Clacton, Dunkeld & Birnam, Fairfield, Fulneck, Heaton Moor, Hillingdon, Huntly, Kings Norton, Marple, Mid Herts, Mortonhall, Moseley, Newcastle United, Peebles, Petersfield, Preston, Richmond, Royston, Stourbridge, South Beds, South Staffs, Taunton & Pickeridge, Thames Ditton & Esher, Ventnor, Warren, Wearside, West Lothian and Withington.
Why don’t you give this ‘perk’ a go! Let us have a review and know how you get on, and we will publish your comments in the newsletter.
THE COUNTY CARD represents tremendous value, as it provides the opportunity to play more than 1,300 golf courses who offer special rates throughout the country.
Cards are being issued through the Pro’s Shop on request. Cards are FREE to Leek GC members. Procedure for booking is on the card.
For participating counties see www.//bbogolf.com. Go to ‘County Card’ on top banner and follow link on left hand side showing Counties and participating clubs.
Conditions of use are:
• Clubs participating in the scheme are for club members only.
• Members may play each course once only at the reduced fee.
• Must book in advance and produce County Card on day of play.
• Reduction of fee agreed by host club.
• Only 1 card per person per year.
• The card may not be used when visiting with a society or organised party.
• Dress codes must be adhered to, both on the course and within the clubhouse.
• The card is not transferrable.
At a time when golfers are looking for special deals to play other courses, including the well-known 2 for 1 offers, this initiative represents another avenue for value-for-money golf.
- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014