General Club Noticeboard

Members : General Club Noticeboard

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 Items (Page 1 of 1)

Recording of Non-Qualifying Scores

From 1st January 2017 England Golf require players to return all scores in competitive golf in Non-Qualifying Competitions away from the players home clubs, to assist handicap committees with handicap reviews. (CONGU UHS - Clause 4.5b/8.12).

England Golf has made this decision in order to promote the integrity of the system, and maintain player confidence in handicapping.

Please note these scores must not directly affect a player’s handicap, but should be used as ‘supporting evidence’ of performance when it comes to a handicap review.

Individual scores or Team results must be returned in all Singles, Am-Am and 4BBB with the exception of Texas Scrambles, Foursomes and Greensome competitions, or casual social rounds.

In addition to this, clubs should also be aware of regular roll-ups that take place at their club, and the performance of players in the various formats of those roll ups, without the need to formally record individual scores.

To assist with the return of scores, we advise that clubs outline a process to allow players to record these scores.

It is recommended that this is done directly to the Handicap Committee, and that the Committee keep a copy of all information for the current year and one previous year. The information does not have to be recorded on the handicap software, but should be stored in a format that can be used for any handicap review.

Information to be recorded:

• Date of Competition

• Format of Competition (inc Handicap Allowance)

• Venue/Course

• Tees used

• SSS of Course

• Names of playing partners (if a team/pairs event)

• Score returned

Failure to return these scores by the player could result in loss or suspension of handicap under clause 24.1.

M Barker

Match Secretary 

Created: 27-Jan-17 16:00

Full to House – Explanation of Handicap Status

A situation has recently arisen at the Club which requires clarification and an explanation.

A member has moved from being a Full Playing member to a House member and has requested a Handicap Certificate to enable him to play in Open Competitions at other Golf Clubs. This is not possible!

For a Player to hold an official CONGU Handicap (administered by England Golf) that allows them to play in Open competitions, or any type of Competition, at any Club, they must be a Playing Member of an Affiliated Golf Club. House membership does not satisfy this criteria.

The member concerned had played sufficient Comps throughout 2016 to retain his Competition Handicap through 2017, but this is negated by his change of status at Leek GC from Full to House. He retains his CDH no. (Central Database of Handicaps) which is used throughout his golfing life, but Leek GC have to delete his Playing Record (the record can be reinstated) which informs other Clubs that he no longer has Playing Membership of an Affiliated Golf Club.

If you have any questions regarding this please refer to M. Barker (Club Match Secretary)



Created: 27-Jan-17 14:53
Showing 1 - 2 of 2 Items (Page 1 of 1)
Copyright © Leek Golf Club Registered in England # 00357833, 2010-2020. All Rights Reserved.

Website Design and Cloud Hosting by
Golf Club CMSWebsite System - Golf Club CMS
Switch to Desktop ViewSwitch to Mobile View