DID YOU KNOW that Leek Golf Club belongs to an exclusive ‘club’ – the criterion for membership being that they were all founded in 1892, and they are all private members’ clubs!
Each club has agreed to be part of a friendly association, each offering reciprocal courtesy visits to each other’s club members.
To take advantage of these courtesies, the following procedure MUST BE followed:
• Members must make their own arrangements with the secretary of the club they wish to visit, by letter or phone, giving as much notice as possible.
• Members should take with them a letter of introduction, together with their handicap certificate, which can be obtained from the office.
• Check their dress code with the host club, and respect it.
• These courtesies do not extend to anyone whose club is not a member of the 1892 club.
• Remember that when visiting other clubs, you are an ambassador of your golf club, and when others visit us please extend every courtesy to them as our guests.
• Moderation in numbers should be observed (a car load and not a coach load), as should your number of visits to any particular club.
For simplicity, the participating clubs are listed below. Details such as phone number, email addresses, postcode and general location are listed in full and are on display in the secretary’s area in the clubhouse foyer.
Alfreton, Ballater, Bathgate, Clacton, Dunkeld & Birnam, Fairfield, Fulneck, Heaton Moor, Hillingdon, Huntly, Kings Norton, Marple, Mid Herts, Mortonhall, Moseley, Newcastle United, Peebles, Petersfield, Preston, Richmond, Royston, Stourbridge, South Beds, South Staffs, Taunton & Pickeridge, Thames Ditton & Esher, Ventnor, Warren, Wearside, West Lothian and Withington.
Why don’t you give this ‘perk’ a go! Let us have a review and know how you get on, and we will publish your comments in the newsletter.